I spend a lot of time keeping up with the pet sitting industry. The term “ideal client” comes up quite a bit. I was thinking about who my ideal client is and I realized it is actually someone just like me. Here are 10 reasons why:
- My pets are my children. Seriously. I know people say that a lot but just ask my grown kids and they will tell you that growing up in my house, the pets were given as much consideration as any family member.
- I worry about my pets. Like all the time. I need a pet sitter who understands I feel guilty about leaving my pets.
- I need to check up on my pets. If I am away, I need pictures and updates.
- Some of my pets are special needs. I need a sitter who can give medication to them as needed.
- Some of my pets are seniors. I need someone who has experience handling the older guys and the patience to care for them.
- I talk to my pets. Every day. I want a sitter who isn’t afraid to belt out a song or two while spending time with my babies.
- My pets aren’t perfect. Most of my guys are rescues. They come with baggage. Sometimes they don’t want to get off the sofa to go potty. I need a sitter who can motivate with love and kindness.
- I need someone who understands birds. My parrot is high maintenance and a little neurotic at times. I need a sitter who understands that the silver bowl really does need to be on the left. It matters to him.
- Little things mean a lot. My cats enjoy looking out the window. I need a sitter who will remember to open and close the curtains each day.
- My cats eat at their own stations. I need a sitter who will understand the importance of my cat’s personal space at meal time.
If any of this sounds like you, please give us a call to schedule a meet and greet! 267-981-4929